If you are going to achieve success in developing winning strategy for your project, to redesign your intranet or portal can be a good way to start. However, to become successful in such a strategy, it is important to work up front outline and ash yourself why do you need a redesigned or, perhaps, new intranet or portal. Here are a few possible reasons:
- Since new platforms only work with new development tools yet you want to move or use the new platform, you will need a redesigned or even a new intranet/portal to keep up with the new standards of evolved development.
- A redesigned or new intranet/portal does matter to the improvement of content management. If you are still maintain sites with static html pages or require individual content management, then content distributing management could be your answer.
- Time is always the essential part of work. Organizations with extensive use of intranet usually have a backlog of pages or applications that need to be established. Having a redesigned or new intranet/portal can help reduce time spent on projects and may even offer the staff to manage content with ease.
- Getting a redesigned or new intranet/portal will help improve usability and navigation. As each user comes with unique requirements, the more you can provide options to meet their needs, the better usability and navigation improved.
- If using intranet as communication tool and knowledge management is your goal, then you may need to improve support for the certain purposes. Meaning, it might be better to get functionality that you don't have in the implementation at the moment.